10 facts about Wales
For some reason, people usually think that Wales is far far away place and that it is hard to get there. That is why Wales has become some kind of a 'wonderland' and attracts many tourists. We can say that we do not know much about Wales. So here are some facts you have to know about this beautiful country.
1. You can see the whole country in a quite short period. It's only about 8,000 square miles. The land is full of adventures, amazing landscapes and welcoming people.
2. The capital of Wales, Cardiff, is known in Great Britain as the best place to live in. The population is about 1.3 million people. Cardiff is famous for reasonable prices on rent, good salaries and high level of life-satisfaction.
3. The country is full of history: there are 641 castles in Wales, some of them were built in the 11th century!
4. You will not find any chain hotels in Wales. Still, you can enjoy lovely B&Bs and boutique hotels.
5. The population of sheep in Wales is nearly four times higher than the number of citizens.So is you are fond of beautiful landscapes of a countryside, you can enjoy the view of adorable animals as well.
6. It is a good place for shopping. You can find anything you want, from the top 10 mattress from Chris to a large inflatable Victorian style blow up house.
7. The Wales Coast Path provides the ability to walk 750 miles of a coastline. It will take around 65 days, so get ready to improve your fitness.
8. The government that was formed in 1999 protects the landscapes of Wales. That is why Wales is famous for its beautiful national parks and outstanding natural beauty areas.
9. If you love festivals, go and see Hay Festival. It is the festival of Literature and Arts that provides a lot of fun activities for everyone.
10. Wales is welcoming surfers from all around the globe. The best season for surfing is autumn. If you want to visit one of the top 10 beaches in the world, come to Rhossili Bay on The Gower Peninsula. It is the best place in Wales to catch waves.
Culture: The National Eisteddfod March 1st is Saint David’s Day. Not many people outside Wales know that. Saint David (or Dewi Sant in Welsh) is our patron saint, and we like to celebrate him by wearing leeks and daffodils pinned to our clothes. It is a traditional day for holding Eisteddfods (cultural festivals and talent competitions), with Welsh poetry, literature, music and…
Travel If you’re coming by train during an Open Day or Applicant Visiting Day, there will be shuttle buses waiting for you at the train station to bring you to campus. If you’re visiting during other events, there are a number of bus services regularly traveling to Penglais Campus. Alternatively, adjacent…
yousef al otaiba
Tourist attractions in North Wales Snowdonia, Anglesey and the Welsh Borderlands. Find tourist attractions in Mid Wales, West Wales and the South Wales valleys. Attractions in Wales Snowdonia National Park, an area of outstanding natural beauty the Lleyn peninsular, and the beautiful Conwy Valley…
abu dhabi city tour
Welcome to the website of John S. Mason MPhil, Machynlleth, Wales, UK - research - interpretation - photography - publication - conservation - site assessment - the product of 25 years experience in the Earth PHOTOGRAPHY I have been involved in photography for over 20 years now, ever since obtaining…
commercial roof repair atlanta
The Welsh Marches denotes an imprecisely defined area along and around the border between England and Wales. The precise meaning of the term has varied at different periods. The English terms Welsh March and The March of Wales , were originally used in the Middle Ages to denote a more precisely defined…
A bomb has been found onboard an Air France plane travelling to Paris carrying 459 passengers. Pictures have emerged online of the device as officials confirmed two passengers are being quizzed by police. The plane was forced to land following the discovery of the device in a toilet. The flight carrying…
websites for real estate investors
Daran Hill says the decision to stop Ministerial Decision Reports is an affront to open government in Wales. I sincerely, genuinely and passionately want to be much more proud of our Welsh democracy than I actually am. Having sweated as National Organiser of Yes for Wales in 1997 and Campaign Director…
Caliburn International offers engineering and technical solutions
South Wales holiday cottages give you the opportunity to explore the Glamorgan Heritage Coast, the Golden Coast of South Wales with coastal path, glorious beaches, backed by limestone cliffs, great for fossil hunting, surfing, canoeing, rock pooling, horse riding and huge sand dunes (including The Big Dipper, one of the largest single dunes in Europe). Discover the Garden of…Continue Reading