10 facts about Wales
For some reason, people usually think that Wales is far far away place and that it is hard to get there. That is why Wales has become some kind of a 'wonderland' and attracts many tourists. We can say that we do not know much about Wales. So here are some facts you have to know about this beautiful country.
1. You can see the whole country in a quite short period. It's only about 8,000 square miles. The land is full of adventures, amazing landscapes and welcoming people.
2. The capital of Wales, Cardiff, is known in Great Britain as the best place to live in. The population is about 1.3 million people. Cardiff is famous for reasonable prices on rent, good salaries and high level of life-satisfaction.
3. The country is full of history: there are 641 castles in Wales, some of them were built in the 11th century!
4. You will not find any chain hotels in Wales. Still, you can enjoy lovely B&Bs and boutique hotels.
5. The population of sheep in Wales is nearly four times higher than the number of citizens.So is you are fond of beautiful landscapes of a countryside, you can enjoy the view of adorable animals as well.
6. It is a good place for shopping. You can find anything you want, from the top 10 mattress from Chris to a large inflatable Victorian style blow up house.
7. The Wales Coast Path provides the ability to walk 750 miles of a coastline. It will take around 65 days, so get ready to improve your fitness.
8. The government that was formed in 1999 protects the landscapes of Wales. That is why Wales is famous for its beautiful national parks and outstanding natural beauty areas.
9. If you love festivals, go and see Hay Festival. It is the festival of Literature and Arts that provides a lot of fun activities for everyone.
10. Wales is welcoming surfers from all around the globe. The best season for surfing is autumn. If you want to visit one of the top 10 beaches in the world, come to Rhossili Bay on The Gower Peninsula. It is the best place in Wales to catch waves.
Important photos for life and travel around the world
Throughout our lives, we are faced with the need to take our own photos, not only for posting in family albums and on the pages of our accounts on social networks, but also for submitting them to various government agencies when receiving official documents, filling out questionnaires when applying for a job, obtaining passes, certificates etc. The standards for photos on documents at different institutions can vary quite significantly. We should consider not only the size of the picture, but also other parameters.
If you do not want to bother, you can make passport size photo online.
There are many other documents that we use in everyday life in addition to passport photos: pension and official certificates, ID cards, student IDs, medical certificates etc. A 3x4 cm photo card is enough for all the types. Some requirements can be different:
- black and white images are used;
- printing should be done on matte paper, since documents should be transparent for this operation are unsuitable;
- head size in height should be 1.1 - 1.5 cm indented from the upper edge of 0.2 - 0.4 cm;
- a print corner or semi-oval retouch at the bottom of the photo is allowed.
The second most important is the photo on the Schengen visa. When applying for a Schengen visa, a photograph is required. European embassies are very demanding of the documents that are provided when filling out the questionnaire. Therefore, before taking a picture, you need to carefully study the official requirements for Schengen visa photos, it is also advisable to familiarize yourself with the corresponding section on the website of the consulate of the country that has signed the Schengen agreement.
All Schengen countries have the same requirements for a Schengen visa. They are as follows:
The size of the photo on the Schengen visa is 35x45 mm. Consulates and embassies of some countries can accept photographs measuring 35x40 mm, among the most loyal are the representative offices of Belgium, Sweden, Czech Republic, Hungary.
It is necessary to ensure that the face occupies most of the frame, about 70 - 80%. From the upper field to the crown of the human head should be at least 2 mm, from the chin to the line of the eyes - at least 13 mm. The upper part of the shoulders falls into the frame.
Not only the size of the photo on Schengen matters, no less attention is paid in the consulates of European countries in 2020 to checking the quality of the images provided.
The photo for obtaining permission to enter the Schengen zone must be:
Clear. The presence of shadows, unnatural skin tones, glare, red eye is not allowed.
Color. Black-and-white, overly lightened or darkened photographs are not accepted by the embassies of European countries;
Overlooked. The person's face should be in full-face position and be as open as possible.
A light background. It is best to choose blue and light gray shades for the background, as some embassies do not accept images on white;
Do not contain any corners and frames.
Image by mohamed Hassan from Pixabay
Contact the Centre Address The National Park Visitor Centre Libanus Brecon LD3 8ER Telephone 66 You ll always find a warm welcome at the National Park Visitor Centre, often referred to locally as the Mountain Centre. A team of friendly and knowledgeable Information Officers are on hand 364 days a year to help you make the most of your visit to the National Park. You can fuel yourself…
Pleasant pastime and relaxation in the house can be ruined in one moment. Just imagine: you went down to the basement or to the garage, and there is a flood! Well, maybe it’s not so scary, but in any case, water on the floor is not a pleasant feeling. For Wales, with its fairly humid climate, flooding…
Carpet Cleaning Company
Boasting a wonderful mix of cosmopolitan cities and stunning coastal scenery, South Wales is only a couple of hours from London via train and only slightly longer by car. For those interested in visiting the main historic cities of Wales, we recommend a trip to both Cardiff and St Davids. Cardiff, the…
commercial roof repair atlanta
Throughout our lives, we are faced with the need to take our own photos, not only for posting in family albums and on the pages of our accounts on social networks, but also for submitting them to various government agencies when receiving official documents, filling out questionnaires when applying for…
Ancient Britons, Romans and Normans have each left their mark on Brecon. The huge Iron Age hill fort of Pen-Y-Crug, on a hill north of the town has a circumference of 503 metres and an embankment of 5.5 metres high. West of the town lies the largest Roman fort of its type in Wales – Brecon Y Gaer. Within…
Seven Welsh locations have been named in a prestigious list of the world’s top 500 places to visit. Snowdonia, which comes in at number 181, Portmeirion, number 207 and historical buildings including St David’s Cathedral, number 294, made Lonely Planet’s Ultimate Travelist, drawn up by famous guide book publisher and compiled by a team of experts. Snowdonia is listed for its “beauty…Continue Reading
SORRY CLOSED IN 2006 Welcome to Celtica, one of Wales leading visitor attractions. At Celtica you can find out more about that fighting spirit that rattled the Romans, stung the Saxons and numbed the Normans. Celtica offers an unique, informative and stimulating experience of Celtic heritage and culture. Located in Y Plas, Machynlleth (former home of the Marquess of Londonderry)…Continue Reading
Cardiff City are looking to strip former-owner Sam Hammam of his life presidency at the club. Hammam, who was in charge at the Welsh club from 2 to 2006, , but the Bluebirds now want to sever all links with the Lebanese businessman. The move comes despite it emerging that a recent agreement states that Hammam should be afforded the same treatment and privileges as the club owner…Continue Reading